2013 WFTC-TV My 29 Think Green Award Rules
Who Can Enter
1. Nominators must be at least 13 years of age and must reside in Minnesota or in Western Wisconsin within 100 miles of WFTC-TV My 29. Nominees must be a public or private school serving some portion of first through twelfth grade students, and must be located within a 75-mile radius of WFTC-TV My 29.
2. Employees of WFTC-TV My 29, the Minnesota Timberwolves (collectively, "Sponsor"), prior "Think Green" Award Selection Committee members, and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible to participate as nominators or nominees.
How To Enter
1. No purchase necessary. Only one nomination may be submitted per person. All submissions must be original and conform to WFTC-TV My 29's then-current standards and practices and policies as established or determined by WFTC-TV My 29 in its sole discretion. Without limiting the foregoing, submissions may not contain profanity or references to violence, or demean any gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. Nominees must own the copyright to, or otherwise have all necessary rights in, their entry materials. WFTC-TV My 29 reserves the right to disqualify any nominee or remove any entry based on a claim, including, without limitation, copyright infringement or misappropriation of likeness. Entry constitutes an unlimited perpetual license to WFTC-TV My 29 to use entry materials, including, but not limited to, the right to copy, distribute, publicly perform and display the entry materials on its websites, television stations and in any and all media whether now known or hereinafter invented.
2. To nominate a school, nominees must write and submit an essay describing how their school is going green subject to the restrictions set forth in these rules. There are 2 ways to submit your essay: (1) Pick up an official nomination form at KMSP-TV FOX 9/WFTC-TV My 29, 11358 Viking Drive, Eden Prairie, MN 55344 and mail or drop off a completed form to 2013 Think Green Award, 11358 Viking Drive, Eden Prairie, MN 55344 via United States Postal Service, or other recognized letter carrier. WFTC-TV My 29 is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected mail or for printing errors, (2) Go to My29tv.com and follow all required instructions to complete and submit the nomination form online. A panel of judges comprising community leaders and Minnesota Timberwolves personnel will select 1 winner. The judging panel will review all entries and choose the winner based on impact of the go green program(s) on the school, its students, faculty, and/or staff; impact of the go green program(s) on the environment; and originality of the go green program(s) detailed on the entry form (subject to confirmation by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
3. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other giveaway information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the giveaway or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or revise the contest if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
4. Entries will be accepted starting March 6, 2013, and all entries (online, dropped off and mailed) must be received by Sponsor no later than 5:30 p.m. on Friday, March 22, 2013 (regardless of postmark date). All entries and attachments become the sole property of WFTC-TV My 29 and will not be returned. WFTC-TV My 29 reserves the right to publish the nominations or any portion or edited form thereof. Entries must be submitted in essay form, typed (preferred) or printed legibly in ink and are not to exceed 500 words. Supportive material is permitted but not required. A maximum of 4 printed or scanned attachments may accompany the nomination form. (Examples: newsletter articles, news stories, photographs, etc.). Only the first 4 attachments will be given to the Selection Committee. Video or audio media (including without limitation, disks, tapes and slides) will neither be accepted nor returned.
1. The winning school will be selected and the school principal will be notified on or about March 27, 2013, The winning school will receive a $2500 check from the Minnesota Timberwolves Fastbreak Foundation, a My 29 "Green Wolfie" award, valued at $100, on-court recognition by the Minnesota Timberwolves during NBA Think Green Night, on-air recognition on My 29, and a surprise visit at their school by Minnesota Timberwolves Mascot Crunch. The prize package will be awarded via surprise assembly at the school. Approximate retail value of the prize package is $2600. Most prizes provided by the Minnesota Timberwolves.
2. All entries that are illegible, mutilated, from an ineligible nominee, and incomplete entries will be void.
3. Decisions of the judges are final. By entering, each nominator agrees, and by accepting, each school agrees to the use of its name and photograph and/or other likeness being used for online posting, broadcast, including for advertising and promotion, in connection with this contest without any further compensation.
1. An authorized representative of the winning school must sign and return a Certification of Eligibility and Release within 14 days of notification or the prize will be awarded to the first-runner up. If a school cannot be reached, or if school does not return the Certification of Eligibility and Release within the designated time period, the prize will be awarded to the next runner up, as determined by the judges, if, in the discretion of Sponsor, time permits.
2. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winners. The winners cannot assign or transfer prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
3. The winning school is responsible for all federal, state, county and local taxes, if any. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
4. These rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours (8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.) at KMSP-TV FOX 9/WFTC-TV My 29, 11358 Viking Drive, Eden Prairie, MN 55344, and at www.my29tv.com through March 22, 2013.
5. For the name of the winning school, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope after April 4, 2013 to: KMSP FOX 9/WFTC-TV My 29, 11358 Viking Drive, Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55344.