Timberwolves fans should start arriving to games a few minutes earlier than usual, with new, league-wide security procedures taking effect Wednesday night.
The new security measures are part of the NBA's ongoing efforts to increase fan safety and security.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Target Center security will begin increased security screening with the use of handheld metal detectors for all fans entering Timberwolves home games for the remainder of the 2012-13 season.
TIPS FROM THE TIMBERWOLVES
- Arrive at Target Center early.
- Allow extra time for entrance to the arena.
- Cooperate with security personnel.
- Be patient while fans and security staff adjust to the new process.
- Be aware of those lines that are shorter or moving faster and be sure to take advantage of them.
- Have purses and coats open and ready for inspection prior to arriving at security check points.
- Remember that outside food and beverages are not allowed.
- Remember that prohibited items include: firearms, knives, other weapons/self defense items (i.e. mace).
WFTC-TV11358 Viking DriveEden Prairie, MN 55344Phone: (952) 944-9999Fax: (952) 942-0455