MINNESOTA STATE LOTTERY WAKE UP AND WIN GIVEAWAY RULES
Who Can Enter
1. Entrants must be legal Minnesota or Wisconsin residents who are 18 years of age or older and have lawful access to the methods of entry set forth in these rules.
2. Employees of FOX/UTV Holdings, Inc, owner of television stations KMSP and WFTC, and Minnesota State Lottery (collectively, "Sponsor"), their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible.
How To Enter
3. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Only one text entry per phone number per day and one Facebook entry per email address per day. The giveaway period runs from Sunday, March 31, 2013, through Thursday, April 4, 2013. Each daily giveaway begins when announced, and entries must be received by 9:45 a.m. on Sunday and by 8:45 a.m. Monday through Thursday.
4. There are 2 ways to enter. First, watch "Fox 9 Morning News" on channel 9, at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday or at 8:00 a.m. Monday through Thursday on one or more days during the giveaway period, and look for the trivia question that will appear on screen during the program. One trivia question will air during each program in the giveaway period, and will change each day. Then, either: i) send a text message to 25899 with the answer to the daily trivia question in the body of the message. All text message entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the giveaway using the text messaging method. Entrants will be sent a text message to confirm entry into the giveaway. Entrants entering by text will be charged standard text messaging rates for text messages sent and received from their handset according to the terms and conditions in their wireless calling plan. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any text message entry at any time in which Sponsor's determination does not comply with these rules. Text HELP for information, STOP to quit. Entrants will receive 1 text message in response to their entry. For technical questions call 1-877-571-0774; for all other customer service issues email email@example.com. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas; participating wireless carriers: Sprint, Nextel, Boost, Verizon, AT&T, US Cellular, and T-Mobile only; OR ii) Entrants may enter online by accessing the Wake Up & Win entry form at www.facebook.com/fox9kmsp and following all instructions to complete the entry form. Each trivia question is valid and may be used for entry on the day posted only. If, for any reason, the trivia question is not telecast on one or more days during the giveaway period, then Sponsor may either: i) cancel the giveaway for the day or days in question, or ii) publish the trivia question on Sponsor's website and revised the entry deadline for the day or days in question if necessary.
5. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other giveaway information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the giveaway or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entry materials may be maintained as part of KMSP's giveaway records. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the giveaway if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
6. Five winners will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries having the correct answer to the applicable trivia question on or about April 4, 2013.
7. Each winner will receive a prize package that includes 5 "Twins" lottery tickets valued at $10.00 each. The retail value of each prize is $50. The prize package is provided by Minnesota State Lottery.
8. Winners will be notified by text, phone or email on or about April 4, 2013. Winners will be required to pick up their prize in person at the station, sign and return an Affidavit and Release within 7 days of the date of notification or they will be disqualified.
9. Prizes can not be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winner. The winner cannot assign or transfer prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
10. The winners are responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes set forth in these rules.
11. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Individuals are eligible to win only one prize within any 60-day period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered.
Odds of Winning Miscellaneous
12. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received.
13. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use winners' names, hometowns, likenesses, and photographs for broadcast, online posting, and/or any in any other media, including for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation.
14. Complete giveaway rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KMSP-TV, 11358 Viking Drive, Eden Prairie, MN 55344 and are also available at: www.myfox9.com .
15. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope after April 4, 2013 to: KMSP-TV, 11358 Viking Drive, Eden Prairie, MN 55344, Attn: Wake Up and Win.
16. This giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the giveaway, or in the announcement of the prize. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a particular entry, Sponsor will determine the entrant's identity or select an alternate winner, in its sole discretion.
18. This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. Entry information is provided to Sponsor, not to Facebook. Entrants release Facebook from any and all liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind related to this giveaway.