Makes 4 servings
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped 3/4 cup ketchup (no salt added)
- Grated peel and juice of 1/2 Sunkist lemon 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh squeeze orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger root 3 Sunkist oranges, peeled, cut into bite-size pieces 20 small to medium cook shrimp, with tails and shells removed about 7 ounces)
- 3 cups cooked rice (no salt added)
- Chopped cilantro or parsley
In large non-stick skillet, spray with no-stick cooking spray, cook onion and green pepper over medium-high heat until tender but not browned. Add ketchup, lemon peel and juice. Blend cornstarch and sugar with orange juice and ginger; add to sauce. Cook, stirring until thickened. Add orange pieces and shrimp; heat. Serve over hot-cooked rice. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: 365 calories (3percent from fat, 1 percent from saturated fat), 14 g protein, 1 g fat, 77 g carbohydrate, 81 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 4 g dietary fiber, 691 mg potassium.
Courtesy of Sunkist Growers and www.5aday.com
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.